Thursday 3 October 2013

First-Post awkwardness

Good evening all!

So a little bit of why exactly I'm going to try and keep this blog.

I was diagnosed with depression about a year ago, and I'm doing really well now, much much better in myself and the way I look at life. I've cut down on my anti-depressants and adjusting to leading a positive life slowly but surely.  It's been simultaneously one of the most difficult and absolutely wonderful years of my life - I've met amazing people and learned so much about what life really has to offer.

Now, I want to take it to the next step -  I want to know myself, really and truly which sounds A BIT WANKY I know - there is a lot going on at the moment, and I think this blog will help me get my head around what I'm learning, as well as reflecting and remembering the good things :)

The weather has turned, which means it's NEARLY CHRISTMAS (and I do not care what month it is).  Have been practising my Mandolin a little today.  I'm sorry to say I got a little frustrated, but I ploughed on and did a good 20 minutes picking through Christmas songs. I'll get there.  I keep thinking about my Uke, and how I was when I started out on that - pretty bloody awful.  And while I'm not by any means spectacular, I'm competent and pick up things quickly.

I'm rehearsing for a couple of things at the moment.  The first up will be Alan Ayckbourn's Comic Potential.  I'm playing Carla - a total BITCH which I have to say is FAR TOO MUCH FUN.  It's quite therapeutic to get all that poison out.

The other is BDSM Faust.  A fresh reworking of Goethe's Faust using (obbbviously) BDSM and Fetish themes...which is COMPLETELY fresh ground for me and actually really eye opening.  The cast and creatives are really earthy, artistic people - good for me and where I am at the moment.

I have an audition tomorrow and lots of lines to learn for Comic Potential still - hopefully I will be able to keep this up!

PB x

No comments:

Post a Comment